Sunday, April 4, 2010

Why Rural Love?

My first post. Hmmm. I guess I should start by answering the question: Why "rural love"? I decided to start a blog about my adventures in rural Iowa. Boring? Heck no! I grew up in a small town, but definitely a "city girl". My husband grew up on a farm, and when we got married we decided to stay on his farm and raise our family in the country. I fell in love with the country lifestyle instantly...and it hasn't faded. Surely my children will have a completely different experience growing up than I did, and I'm excited to learn and experience the lifestyle right along with them.

I love homemade. Everything from making a meal from sctratch, to sewing a new toy for my daughter. I decided to blog about my adventures of our rural lifestyle and my pursuit of wholesome living. We have no crops on our farm, just cows. My dream is to expand into chickens as well as having my own garden. Living off the land is an ultimate goal of mine.

So, I'm planning to share my ideas, projects and love of the farm with anyone who is interested. If you love to craft, stay tuned. I LOVE sewing and crafts. I plan to share my projects as I go along...and a few recipes along the way.

Take care and God Bless! HAPPY EASTER!

5 comments:

  1. Crafts are the ultimate! I finally have 2 nieces who love to make crafts, and sew. Finally, I thought I was the last. Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lindsey - I love it! I'll be a follower... YEAH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a blog, but you can check my boys' website out at http://thekamausboys.shutterfly.com/!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Pam - Who is the other niece that loves to craft and sew?!

    Shellie - I'm planning to bookmark your shutterfly site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie embroiders, and liked to paint pots, Just you 2!!!!

    ReplyDelete